Please bear in mind:
All gps watch will auto switch between LBS, WIFI, GPS depends on the situation below:
(not accurate) LBS (telco station) - when in the building with no wifi availble (wifi available for Y3 model only). Q50 will always connect to LBS in the building - Accuracy 100 meter - 3km
(more accurate than LBS) WIFI - more than 2 wifi available around the watch (for Y3 model only) - Accuracy 10 meter - 500 meter depends server location
(most accurate) GPS - only available under clear view of sky and outside the building / in single storey house. - Accuracy 5 - 20 meter
All Q&A are wrote by me, skhong/tabtab.
Why so much bad review on setracker in play store? Watch offline etc...
- First of all, please check most of the buyers are not from Malaysia, They bought directly from China, sure cannot work in their country. The most important thing is, they are not my customer/buyer.
- Secondly, all my buyers are HAPPY with the watch bought from me, as it is fully supported in Malaysia, no offline issue, my watch ID can be reset by our team. Welcome all my buyers... leave your comment on setracker in play store, and mention skhong/tabtab is your seller. Thanks!!!
Recently, many buyers cannot login their setracker account due to "Account Error" after reinstall app, restart phone, format phone, etc...
This is due to your area is incorrect, please change it to "ASIA AND OCEANIA", it will solve your problem.
How to set silent (school time/class time) for the watch?
- In settings - "do not disturb", please set the time (applicable from Monday to Friday only), and enable it.
At least start with 00:01, and end with 23:59. DO NOT set 00:00 to 00:00, it will not activate.
- During the "do not disturb" time, the watch will reject all calls, the watch will not ring.
- It still able to receive voice/text message, silently, but the watch able to listen the message.
How many photo F26 can store?
- Only one photo. If take more than once, new photo will replace old photo.
- After take picture, can send to apps in the album folder. Parents can also take picture remotely to monitor their kids.
1. How to make call from the watch?
- Press up (Y3) or down (Q50) button to access phonebook, then pres up and down to select which contact you want to call, then press long (mean press and hold the button for 3-5 seconds) to make call (up [Y3] or down [Q50]).
2. What is "monitoring" in the setracker? Can I change to the watch phone number permanently?
-Monitoring call has been blocked (as requested by European Union), as spy call is illegal worldwide.
3. How to send voice message from the watch to phone?
- For Q50, press and hold the power button for 3-5 second to start recording, and release the button to send.
- For Y3, press the microphone icon button for for 3-5 second to start recording, and release the button to send.
4. How to save phonebook to the watch?
- You must insert sim card with data plan to the watch, then you can add phone number in the app (setracker) from your handphone, in app settings - phonebook.
P/s: Please remove +6 in front of your phone number, this is common problem which user will input +60123456789. Please direct input 0123456789.
5. What is difference between phonebook and contact in the setracker?
6. Why watch display off after few seconds. Can let it on all the time?
No, cannot turn on the display all the time, it is to save battery. This is not normal watch, as it use SIM card, and the network signal will consume a lot of battery, just like your handphone cannot turn on the display all day long.
7. How do I adjust volume for the ringtone?
- Yes for Q50, and No for Y3.
- When the watch is ringing, press up button on the watch to increase volume (Max. 7), or down button to lower the volume. And the same for call volume.
8. Can I monitor the watch using my second phone?
- Yes, you may install setracker on your second phone (unlimited phone), and login setracker using existing username and password. (Please do not try to register second time, as your watch already registered)
9. Can I retrieve same message on the watch after reading or hearing it?
- No, you cannot. The message will display once only until you press any button on the watch to close it.
11. Can I swap/change another SIM card? Do I need to register again?
- Just swap/change the SIM card, no setting needed, and no need to register again. Remember to restart the watch after new sim card inserted.
- Note: Your registered account is linked to the watch ID, not the SIM card.
12. Why my phone doesn't show notification like new voice message received?
- This is not the app problem. Please check your phone setting to allow notification for the app. If you already allowed notification, but still cannot receive, advise you DO NOT exit/close the app. Press home button to return to your android home screen and let the setracker run in the background.
13. Can you suggest the best telco and plan?
- Choose the best coverage network. (personally I think digi is worse, other OK)
- It need call + data plan
- Can use both prepaid and postpaid, no matter, as long as it is call + data plan.
14. Does this watch SIM card plan requires voice or just data plan?
- It need both voice + data plan.
- If no voice plan, you cannot call the watch, and monitoring call doesn't work.
- If no data plan, you cannot send voice message (intercom), and cannot track the watch location.
15. I bought the watch from other seller, can you provide support?
- No!!! I only provide technical support for the watch bought from me. Other seller's watches are in different format, and their watch ID is not in our server (not belong to us), I cannot do anything even you willing to pay.
E.g: This customer bought watch from other seller, and ask for my help (skhong/tabtab)
16. I have forgotten my login username and password, what shoud I do?
- Please try to click "Forget password?" in the app login page, then input the watch ID, account and phone number registered.
- If the step above cannot solve your problem, please whatsapp your watch IMEI number, so I can reset your watch ID, then you can register new account again. (my whatsapp 013-3666625, reminder: please do not contact me if your watch is not bought from me, your watch ID not belong to us, and it is not in our server, TQ!)
17. Why the map show "China map", or device offline?
- It is because your watch is not online, make sure your SIM card has internet data plan (make sure your telco support 2G GSM network or GPRS enabled). It will show your current location (Malaysia) after your watch is online.
18. The time and date is incorrect even the watch is online?
- It coule be time server problem and it's temporary only. SMS this code to manually adjust the date and time.
- SMS "pw,123456,time,11.57.00,date,2017.01.30#" (without quote) to the watch phone number.
Note: You may edit the time and date in the code. => 11.57.00 (hour,minute,second), 2016.04.30 (year,month,day)
19. To check your watch IMEI, ID, and GPRS status
SMS "pw,123456,ts#" (without quote) to your watch phone number, the watch will reply with the info after few seconds.
e.g: SMS > pw,123456,ts# > send to 01xxxxxxxx (sim card number in the watch)
20. Can I switch off the watch if the watch is online?
- No, you cannot switch off the watch by pressing the power button when the watch is online/connected to the app, this is to prevent your kid switch off the watch accidentally.
- You can remote shutdown the watch in the app (setracker) or manually shutdown, see below.
- To manually switch off the watch. Press SOS button 5 times, then up(1) button 1 time, and down(2) button 1 time, must do it quickly.
21. My watch show "SIM 1 PIN", and I cannot switch off the watch.
- Please take out the SIM card and remove/disable the SIM PIN from your phone (google your phone setting how to remove SIM PIN), it is not my responsible to find the setting for your phone.
- To manually switch off the watch. Press SOS button 5 times, then up(1) button 1 time, and down(2) button 1 time.
- After SIM PIN removed, insert SIM card in watch and switch on the watch again.
22. Why sos location in the sms did not show the watch location？
GPS coordinate is zero (N0,E0)
- It is because the watch did not connected to "GPS/satellites" when the sms sent to your phone, it might be connected to lbs or wifi positioning, but not GPS.
We cannot do setting for this, it's auto connect (GPS, LBS, WIFI(Y3 only)).
What you need to do? Just open the APP (setracker), and manually check the watch current location in the map.
23. Battery consumption is quite high, can last for 1 day of less, how to utilize it?
- Yes, GPS will consume a lot of power. You can change the work mode in the settings (setracker).
Open setracker - settings - work mode. Change from normal mode:10m/t to power save mode:1h/t.
24. What is work mode？
- Work mode is the frequency of the GPS to open and work.
e.g normal mode:10m/t, GPS will open every 10 minutes to searching for GPS signal.
Power save mode:1h/t, GPS will open every 1 hour to searching for GPS signal.
Don't worry, you can check the watch location anytime (force GPS to work) by clicking the locate button in the map.
25. What the watch sometimes offline?
- Please check your sim card network, if there is no problem with the network data, then you need to change another Telco.
I received many feedback from users, it is advised not to use DIGI sim card, as DIGI has very poor network in Malaysia (based on my own experience and other customers). Yes, your phone no problem with the DIGI line, but this is small watch and less radiation and it doesn't have very strong reception like phone, it will be dangerous to your child.
26. (only for webe and unifi sim card, other telco don't need to do this)
Note: if you are using webe sim card in the watch, please use your phone to SMS (normal SMS) this code (pw,123456,apn,webe,,,#) to the webe number in the watch.
this is your phone number in your mobile phone: 0123456789
this is webe phone number in the watch: 0133333333
From your phone 0123456789, open sms and type => pw,123456,apn,webe,,,#
then send to the webe phone number 0133333333 in the watch.
Why we doing this setting for webe? because webe is A new company, and webe APN doesn't exist in the watch, so we have to manually add this APN to the watch.
DIGI - NOT recommended (line/2G network is poor)
Redone - OK
Celcom - OK
Maxis - OK (but you need to disable SIM PIN on your phone before insert to the watch, refer 21.)
Umobile - OK
Tunetalk - OK
YES 4G - not supported (YES 4G don't have GPRS, please check with the Telco)
Please bear in mind:
All gps watch will auto switch between LBS, WIFI and GPS depends on the situation below:
(not accurate) LBS (telco station) - when in the building with no wifi availble (wifi available for Y3 model only). Q50 will always connect to LBS in the building - Accuracy 100 meters - 3km
(more accurate than LBS) WIFI - more than 2 wifi available around the watch (for Y3 model only) - Accuracy 10 - 500 meters depends server location
(most accurate) GPS - only available under clear view of sky and outside the building / in single storey house. - Accuracy 5-15 meters
- Don't use fast charging adapter to charge the watch, it cannot support 9V adapter.
- Use normal 5V adapter or charge with computer USB port. (e.g. 4 port USB adapter, 5 port USB adapter, 5V 1A, 5V 2.1A)